Frugal Fiona

IconFrugal living tips and family finance information for frugal living with gusto.

On a Mission to Make Frugal Living "Cool"

...Ok that's a slight exaggeration, but I'm not alone in thinking that being frugal is (finally) starting to be somewhat cool. Or at least its more acceptable nowadays.

You see, I've always been a a fruglista (is that a word?), but I've kind of kept it under wraps for the better part of the last 10 years or so. I didn't want to be "uncool" by penny-pinching, so I'd go about by frugal ways rather discreetly. Its not to say that I'd overtly lie about being a penny-pincher, but I just didn't flaunt it or mention it openly.

But nowadays I think its more socially acceptable, or understandable perhaps, to pursue a frugal lifestyle. People are starting to see that being frugal might just make a whole lot of sense, especially now that a lot of people really have to spend more responsibly. (e.g. for many years a whole bunch of people could overspend by using taking out home-equity loans to pay off their credit cards, but with dropping home prices and a failing financial system, a lot of people are realizing that they can't overspend without looking like a dufus.).

So here we have an emerging trend -- responsible spending. Its about time.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment